IMA (DE) Here are the ways through which young boys can join IMA:
Through NDA Exam: Young and valiant boys who have passed their class 12th are eligible for appearing in NDA. When you get selected in NDA and choose Army as preference then you undergo a 3 year training at NDA Khadakwasla and 1 year training after that at IMA. Notification for this is made twice a year in the month of June and Dec.
- Through CDSE: Male graduates can join IMA through CDSE. They have to appear for CDSE written, pass SSB, be medically fit and come in the final merit. The notification is made twice a year, since the exam is held twice a year, in the month of March/ April and September/October.
- Technical Graduate Course TGC: Those who are studying in final year/ have completed BE/B Tech in notified streams can also join IMA through Technical Graduate Course. The duration of training is 1 year. Look out for the advertisement published in leading newspapers/employment news in May/Jun & Nov/Dec every year.
- University Entry Scheme: This entry is for those of you who wish to apply for Army in Pre-Final Year of Engineering. Look out for the advertisement published in leading newspapers/employment news in May every year.
Army Education Corp (AEC) TGC: You can join this Education branch of army after Post Graduation. Notification is made by Additional Directorate General Recruiting / AG Branch twice a year in May/Jun and Nov/Dec. The qualification to join this branch is MA / MSC in 1st or 2nd division in notified subjects from recognized university.
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria for NDA exam:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan or
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and East African Countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India before the 1st January 1962.
- Age Limits:
- Martial Status & Gender:Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
- For Army Wing:candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam organized by the State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval of NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy:students should have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics subjects.
- Students should be medically fit as per the norms set by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
- Candidates have to go through the medical examination organized by the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB.
NDA Selection Process
The NDA selection process has been divided into sections, i.e. SSB Interview & Medical Examination. The detailed process is mentioned below:
- After qualifying the written examination, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview round.
- Candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview on the date & time given in the call letter.
- The SSB interview round will be conducted in two stages over five days.
- Stage 1 will comprise of OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Stage 2 will have Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference.
Medical Examination & Document Verification:
- Candidates have to bring their original 10+2 or equivalent exam certificates to the Service Selection Board.
- Documents will be verified after clearing the SSB Interview round.
- Original documents will be returned to candidates after document verification process.
- After clearing the SSB round, shortlisted candidates have to go through the medical test.
- The medical test will be organized over three to five days.
After the medical test, a final merit list of selected candidates for NDA will be released
NDA Exam Pattern
The exam pattern details are given here:
- Type of Question:There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Exam Mode:The exam will be conducted through pen and paper-based mode.
- Exam Duration:Two and half hour duration will be given for Code 1 and Code 2.
- Section:The exam will consist of two sections like Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Language:The question paper will be asked in bilingual, i.e. English & Hindi only.
- Negative Marking:There will be negative marking done for wrong answers.
||2 ½ Hours
|General Ability Test
||2 ½ Hours
- Before preparing for the examination, candidates should gather all the details regarding officially prescribed syllabus.
- The syllabushas been divided into two sections, i.e. Mathematics & General Ability Test.
- The mathematics section will contain topics like Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.
- The general ability section is divided into two parts, i.e. English and General Knowledge.