- Location Studying in pre-final year of BE/B. Tech
- Duration 19-24 Year
- Total Seats
Vacancies and Branches
Pre-Final Year (PFY) BE/ B.Tech (PFY) Candidates of the following Engineering branch/stream should apply.
UES Age Limit:
18 Yrs and not over 24 Yrs.
Note: Age limit mentioned above will be applicable at the time of commencement of course. Matriculation Certificate issued by the Board concerned CBSE/ State Boards/ CSCE) in which date of birth is reflected will be accepted and no subsequent request for change in Date of Birth will be considered or granted. (Admit Card/Mark sheet/Transfer/Leaving Certificate etc are not acceptable).
UES Educational Qualification
Candidates studying in the Pre-Final of the Engineering Course in recognised Universities/ Institutions/Colleges in the subjects mentioned in above will be eligible to apply but must possess the educational qualification at the time of joining training or produce the proof of having obtained the educational qualification within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army. The candidates who are unable to produce the Degree/Provisional Degree certificate at the time of joining the training will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA /OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training.
Army HQ reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut of percentage of marks for the SSB interview based on aggregate percentage marks scored by the candidates in the first two years of the engineering degree course.
UES Method Of Selection
- Online applications of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command HQrs.
- Preliminary Selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre-final year (Engineering) will be made by selection team detailed by Command HQrs for holding preliminary interviews at university/College.
- Candidates are required to be under graduates during the selection process and must be graduates at the time of commencement of the course. Candidates whose University examination pattern does not permit Applying for the UES are advised to apply for TGC/SSC (T) commencing at IMA Dehradun/ OTA Chennai in Jan/Apr and Jul/Oct every year. TGC/ SSC (T) courses are being notified in Employment News and other prominent Newspapers in April and Oct i.e. approximately nine months before commencement of TGC course at IMA Dehradun and 12 months before commencement SSC(T)course at OTA Chennai. The decision of DG Recruiting, Army HQ in the matter of short listing and forwarding of applications to Selection Centre for SSB interview will be final.
- Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival. During their stay at SSB, candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Test and Interviews.
- Candidates will be put through stage I of the selection process on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage I will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are Psychologically oriented tests including intelligence tests.
- Candidates who qualify at the SSB and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in the order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
- Pre-Final year candidates will be called in the year of their completion of Degree, subject to their being medically fit at that time depending on availability of vacancies and their position in the merit.
- Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class.
After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12months