- Eligibility criteria:
- Educational qualification:
- Flying branch:
The candidates must be graduates in any discipline from a recognised university and must have attained minimum 60 per cent in aggregate and should have passed Maths and Physics at Class 12 level or must possess a BE /BTech degree (four-year programme) from a recognised university with minimum 60 per cent in aggregate.
- The candidates who have failed the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS)/PABT in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply.
- Technical Branch (Aeronautical Engineer-Electronics):
The candidates must have undergone a minimum of four years of study for a degree qualification from a recognised university or cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.
- Ground Duty Branches:
Administration and Logistics:The candidates should have acquired a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institute.
- Accounts:The candidates should possess a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree from a recognised university or institute.
- Education:The candidates with MBA/MCA or MA/MSc degree in English/Physics/Mathematatics /Chemistry/Statistics/International relations/International Studies/Defence studies/Psychology/Computer Science/IT/Management/Mass Communication/Journalism/Public Relations are eligible to apply.
- Age limit:
- Flying branch:The minimum age of the candidates should be 20 years and maximum 24 years
- Technical branch:The age of the candidates must not exceed 26 years and must be minimum 20 years
- Ground Duty Branches:The minimum age of the candidates should be 20 years and maximum 26 years
- For any more information, the candidates can visit the official website.
- Get latest updates on exam notifications and scholarships across India and abroadhere.
JAG 21 Eligibility
- Nationality– The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit– The candidate must be of the age between 21-27 years. 21 to 27 years The date mentioned in matriculation certificate will be considered as final. No other document will be accepted for age declaration and no further change request will be entertained.
- Educational Qualification– The candidate must have scored 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10+2) and the candidate must be eligible for registration with Bar council of India/ State. Candidates having studied in the college/ university which are not recognized by the Bar council of India will not be accepted.
Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: – (i) SSC(T)-50 Men and SSC(T)-21 Women:- 20 to 27 years ii) SSCW(Non Tech)(Non UPSC)- For Widows of Defence Personnel only (with four years age relaxation). 19 to 29 years
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering course are eligible to apply. The candidates studying in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each engineering discipline without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued only through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Dte Gen of Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
Shortlisted candidates will have to log in on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in using their username and password and select the SSB dates as available on the website.
Army Education Corps Eligibility:
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: – 23 to 27 years at the time of commencement of course. The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. NOTE : No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualification: Only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree MA/M.Sc in the following subjects /M.Com/MCA/MBA with 1st or 2nd Division. Important Note: – Candidates must note that only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree MA/M.Sc in the following subjects /M.Com/MCA with 1st or 2nd Division are only eligible. Final Year appearing/Result awaiting students are not eligible.
Vacancies and Branches
Pre-Final Year (PFY) BE/ B.Tech (PFY) Candidates of the following Engineering branch/stream should apply.
UES Age Limit:
18 Yrs and not over 24 Yrs.
Note: Age limit mentioned above will be applicable at the time of commencement of course. Matriculation Certificate issued by the Board concerned CBSE/ State Boards/ CSCE) in which date of birth is reflected will be accepted and no subsequent request for change in Date of Birth will be considered or granted. (Admit Card/Mark sheet/Transfer/Leaving Certificate etc are not acceptable).
UES Educational Qualification
Candidates studying in the Pre-Final of the Engineering Course in recognised Universities/ Institutions/Colleges in the subjects mentioned in above will be eligible to apply but must possess the educational qualification at the time of joining training or produce the proof of having obtained the educational qualification within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army. The candidates who are unable to produce the Degree/Provisional Degree certificate at the time of joining the training will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA /OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training.
Army HQ reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut of percentage of marks for the SSB interview based on aggregate percentage marks scored by the candidates in the first two years of the engineering degree course.
UES Method Of Selection
- Online applications of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command HQrs.
- Preliminary Selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre-final year (Engineering) will be made by selection team detailed by Command HQrs for holding preliminary interviews at university/College.
- Candidates are required to be under graduates during the selection process and must be graduates at the time of commencement of the course. Candidates whose University examination pattern does not permit Applying for the UES are advised to apply for TGC/SSC (T) commencing at IMA Dehradun/ OTA Chennai in Jan/Apr and Jul/Oct every year. TGC/ SSC (T) courses are being notified in Employment News and other prominent Newspapers in April and Oct i.e. approximately nine months before commencement of TGC course at IMA Dehradun and 12 months before commencement SSC(T)course at OTA Chennai. The decision of DG Recruiting, Army HQ in the matter of short listing and forwarding of applications to Selection Centre for SSB interview will be final.
- Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival. During their stay at SSB, candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Test and Interviews.
- Candidates will be put through stage I of the selection process on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage I will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are Psychologically oriented tests including intelligence tests.
- Candidates who qualify at the SSB and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in the order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
- Pre-Final year candidates will be called in the year of their completion of Degree, subject to their being medically fit at that time depending on availability of vacancies and their position in the merit.
- Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class.
After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12months
Eligibility Criteria for TGC entry
Age: 20 and 27 years as of first day of month in which course is due to commence.
Qualification: BE / B Tech final appearing & degree holders in notified streams of Engineers.
Eligible Branch: As per latest notification
- Civil (including mining/ construction)
- Electrical or Electrical & Electronics
- Automobile/Workshop Technology
- Food Tech/Bio Tech/Bio Medical Engg
- Chemical Engg
- Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication/Electronics & Comn/Satellite Comm.
- Metallurgy & Explosives/Metallurgical Engg
- Industrial/Manufacturing Engg/Industrial Engg & Mgt/Production
- Electronics/Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave
- Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation
- Architecture/ Building Constr Technology
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.S Computer Sc.